We espouse - Virtue et Labore "Excellence through Effort"
We envisage all students becoming clever, skilled and creative global citizens.
We aim to be supportive and caring; to provide opportunities for personal growth; to encourage excellence in the pursuit of educational goals now and into the future.
- Responsibility (teaching and learning)
- Respect (for self, others and property)
- Relationships (safe and supportive)
We believe in:
- Quality Teaching: Strong pedagogy; teachers as learners; a responsive curriculum; resourcing for achievement and wellbeing and personal accountability.
- Maximising Achievement: Active and reflective student participation in school and beyond; life-long learning; a safe, tolerant, disciplined environment catering for individual learning; the right to learn; positive engagement; personal accountability.
- Valuing School Community: A safe tolerant disciplined environment; positive relationships with other cultures; cooperation with those in authority; respect for property and people; celebrating each person's contribution; equity for individuals and groups.
- Communicating: Open and effective interactions; shared decision making; positive home, school and community partnerships.
We strive for "AAA" rating for every student:
- Attendance: every day, every lesson, on time
- Attitude: excellent behaviour and effort
- Achievement: personal best and a qualification for every school leaver